While PID does not currently have any paid job openings, we’re always looking for new volunteers. Please see the Current Volunteer Needs list below and fill out the application that best fits your interest:
Are you interested in Volunteering in the U.S.?
This could include office work, assisting with events, mailings, sorting donations, etc.
Click here to fill out our Volunteer Application.**
Or, are you interested in Interning in the U.S. or overseas?*
Interns serve to support and develop PID’s existing programs.
*Haiti Interns must be at least 21 years-old or college graduates. Language training (at own expense) in Haitian Creole is required as part of the internship.
*Guatemala Interns must be high school graduates. High school Spanish and/or language training (at own expense) required.
Click here to Apply for an Internship.**
Overseas internships are full until September/October 2013.
**These applications are NOT for attending a Service Trip.
Current Volunteer Needs:
1. Office Coverage: answering phones, working on projects, grant research, etc. (4 hours/week minimum)
2. Rides to the airport and/or delivering suitcases to teams. (as needed)
3. Warehouse workers: People to organize, sort, pick-up and inventory items to pack for Haiti and Guatemala. (1-3 hours/week)
4. Medical Warehouse Volunteer: Must have an understanding of medicine; help look for medical donations and order meds as needed. (4 hours/week minimum)
5. Assistant Trip Coordinator: Work with our Trip Coordinator to help to plan for teams traveling to Haiti & Guatemala. (4+ hours/week)
6. Child Sponsorship Support: Work with CS Coordinators to help with donor relations, mailings, etc. (4 hours/week minimum)
7. Trip Leaders: Receive training to lead teams on service trips. (travel twice/year)
8. Annual Benefit Coordinator: Help plan and execute PID’s yearly fundraiser.
9. Research Assistants for Program Development: Gather statistics and information regarding the possibility of PID’s expansion into a third country. (4 hours/week minimum)
10. Clinic Rotation Coordinator: Join the team of nurses & doctors who help oversee the medical clinics. (travel twice/year)