BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
Sponsoring a child for $30 a month (or $360/year) is one of the easiest and most effective ways to help PID make a difference in the Mississipii Delta.
Sponsorship provides a child in the Mississippi Delta with access to all PID programs which are designed to have a lasting impact not only on the child, but their entire family and the community around them.
Each sponsored child receives:
- Well child check-ups and vitamins.
- Medical transportation when extra medical services are needed.
- A birthday present and Christmas party with a present.
- Access to all PID children’s programs.
- Tutoring and computer training as needed.
- Classes on compiling and writing a resume.
- Help with filling out college applications.
- Trips to colleges in the surrounding areas with their parents.
In addition, the child’s family becomes eligible to access:
- Adult Literacy and Job Training—GED, computer skills, resume building, literacy, other adult enrichment and professional training opportunities
- Family Education Enrichment—afterschool programs, early childhood development training, library membership, active parenting program
- Family Health and Wellness—free screenings, fitness program, nutrition training, assistance with access to existing health services
How to Become a Sponsor:
- Choose from the biographies below (make note of the child’s name and number). *More biographies coming soon!
- Choose a payment option (include child’s name and number in payment memo).
For privacy reasons, the child’s photo will be available to the sponsor only after the payment has been received. Children will not be officially sponsored until the first payment is received. You will receive confirmation within 7–10 business days.
If you would like to correspond with the child you sponsor, click here for our guidelines.