In the Mississippi Delta, generations of racial oppression and socioeconomic isolation have locked people into poverty and out of the mainstream. Their lives have been entrenched in hopelessness and distrust. 65% of students do not graduate high school.
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
Sponsoring a child for $30 a month ($360/year) is one of the easiest and most effective ways to help PID make a difference in the Mississipii Delta. Sponsorship provides a child in the Mississippi Delta with access to all PID programs which are designed to have a lasting impact not only on the child, but their entire family and the community around them. Each sponsored child receives:
- Well child check-ups and vitamins.
- Medical transportation when extra medical services are needed.
- A birthday present and Christmas party with a present.
- Access to all PID children’s programs.
- Tutoring and computer training as needed.
- Classes on compiling and writing a resume.
- Help with filling out college applications.
- Trips to colleges in the surrounding areas with their parents.
How to Become a Sponsor:
- Decide if you want to sponsor a girl or a boy. A child will be selected and his or her biography will be sent to you once your first payment is received.
- Choose a payment option (include “MS boy” or “MS girl” in the memo line).
For privacy reasons, the child’s photo will be available to the sponsor only after the payment has been received. You will receive confirmation within 7–10 business days.
If you would like to correspond with the child you sponsor, click here for our guidelines.